I got tagged last week by the very lovely Jessica over at Pyreflies.org for the 8 photos of happiness challenge! Thanks Jessica! This is one of the more creative and fun blog challenges/awards I’ve seen, and I’m really glad to have been tagged in it. I also saw Alice of The Geeky Burrow did her nomination yesterday and her pictures were a lot of fun. Thanks also go to Ariel for dreaming this little challenge up!
If you want to play along, here are the rules:
- Thank your nominator/s and link them in your post
- Link the creator (Ariel’s little corner of the internet)
- Post your 8 photos of happiness
- The photos can be anything that represents a moment, object, place or feeling that makes you happy
- Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it or let the photos do the talking!
- Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers!
Here are my pictures! These are coming from the last 3 years of pictures on my phone and on Dropbox. Enjoy!
- This is from Halloween at my old job at my local cinema! I’m pictured here (in a bright pink wig!) with my boss and my friend Aaron, the barman. We got all dressed up and put spooky cobwebs and window stickers all over the place. Despite the fact that only a handful of people came in for the film, we had a lot of fun decorating and convincing people that my wig was actually my real hair.
2. That time I had a kitten on my laptop! This is from a few Christmases ago when I stayed at my friend Lawrence‘s, and his kitty Marmalade was just a wee, hyperactive kitten. She loved being all up in everyone’s business, and especially enjoyed napping on my warm laptop.
3. When Gina and I were Burger King royalty! I went to visit Gina and we had a hilarious day shopping and snarking all through the streets of Lincoln. Our highlight of the day was going to a mostly-empty Burger King and buying pancakes and fries. It was such a lovely day!
4. Christmas shenanigans! I spent half of last Christmas with the Boyfriend-Wonder’s family, and it was an experience like no other! There was a hosueful of (mostly) Christmas loving people as well as plates and plates of yummy food. One of the highlights was when the Boyfriend-Wonder put a silly elf hat on and took a picture with me. So funny!
5. Showing my Dad how the front-facing camera on my phone works, and ended up with this hilarious picture! It was such a funny afternoon, teaching my Dad about technology.
6. Pictures from my Graduate Ball! Okay, this pose combination was bloody ridiculous, but it was the only picture with all 5 of us in. There are many, many pictures taken that night, but these fancy ones turned out the best. It was one of the last times I saw all my uni friends together, and I miss them so much. I love looking back on the pictures from that night and having a giggle.
7. Being cat nap central! Any trip to my Dad’s also means seeing the cats, and they usually end up like this. Jackson likes sleeping on me (or generally being near me) and Chet gets jealous of any attention and likes to hover just in case I decide to fuss him too.
8. Young family members! The happiness just glows out of these pictures. Jorah is such a happy chappie, and my Grandma loves seeing her great-grandchildren and having photos taken.